Digital Cloud is my collection of VN related information, from reviews to thoughts.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Yumina, tissues, and prices.


So my Yumina The Ethereal physical copy finally came in the mail. Along with it, JAST sent some goodies; A catalog (The Saya No Uta image), a If My Heart Had Wings booklet, some funky anime glasses or some crap thats freakily 4 shades lighter than me (And I'm white as hell), annnnd....A packet of tissues. (The JLIST thing) The tissues look soft as a mofo too.  This is my first physical copy purchase from Jast (I usually buy digital) and like, do they send tissues with every copy? Lol "Thanks for buying from JAST USA!  To say thanks, heres some complimentary tissues for those...sticky situations!"

I pulled out the tissue packet from the mail packaging and I think I laughed for like 5 minutes straight. I don't know.  Maybe it's because of the assumption (and usually right on the money) that if you're buying an eroge, you're probably a guy with intentions to spend some quality time with it and your hand mixed with the fact that uh...my "equipment" doesn't require tissues, but I found this funny as hell.  At least I'll have something to blow my nose with during tear jerking scenes! (Why did I not have you packet when I played Saya No Uta D=)

The catalog included pricing for JAST games planned and in the pipeline along with the tentative cover art, but don't have webpages yet, as well as a STEINS;GATE poster.  See full post for a pic of the poster (It's pretty awesome!) and the pricing with the cover art if you're curious. (I scanned in the catalog page to get the cover art)
I'm too lazy right now to clean up the scans and this was a quick job, but you can easily tell the art so w/e. In no particular order:



Steins;Gate
$39.95


Sumaga
$39.95


Django: The Bounty from Hell
$34.95


Hanachirasu
$19.95


Trample on Shatten!!
$34.95


Shiny Days
$39.95


Seinarukana
$39.95


Lightning Warrior Raidy III
$34.95


Ryoko's Bitch Life
$34.95


Sweet Home
$34.95


Starless
$39.95

The poster is the same as the tentative cover art.  The pic is kind of shitty cause my hands kept shaking trying to take the picture and I couldn't use the flash because it'd reflect off of the poster. Just go off the colors of the scanned in image.  But here it is:

3 comments:

  1. First of all, hello there! First time here, but already bookmarking this blog, so I'll be visiting regularly, yoroshiku!
    I've never bought a physical copy, so I didn't know they came with tissues, how handy! (?) x'D I must say, it's hilarious. I liked the poster, I wish I had one ;u; and the new titles didn't really catch my eye (just a couple of them, like Seinarukana; I wish they would translate games like Baldr Sky, Grimoire no Shisho, Romanesque, or even some Eushully titles. *Can't forget Kamidori* There are a lot out there that would be great hits :c) *Stops rambling*
    Congrats on getting Yumina, it's pretty cool to have the physical copy >o<! See ya around~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you like it =) My updates are a bit sporadic since managing and doing school keeps me pretty busy with crazy hours, but I'' be at least doing my best to do a review a month and keep up on comments to help people.

      Yeah, Yumina was my first English physical copy eroge purchase (I have a couple JP ones a friend got me while in Japan and English PSP otome games) so I had no idea. And haha yeah, probably pretty handy for guys!

      I think the poster was the best out of the goodies. I really like it so it's pinned up right next to my bed =) I do agree, there's a lot of titles I'd like to see. There's hope in the future though since MG and JAST have been signing on some of the better known companies as of late (MG with Innocent Grey and Moonstone, JAST with Nitro+, Overflow, and Littlewitch)

      Romanesque is actually in the pipeline with JAST. They announced at Akon this year that they signed a deal with Littlewitch and Romanesque is their first title from them. It wasn't in the catalog yet though, so it might be a while before we see that title.

      Thanks, I liked the demo enough and I want to encourage more good gameplay titles like Yumina so I figured I'd grab me up a physical of it.

      See you around!

      Delete
    2. I can relate, as work can be quite time consuming too :'c I would buy physical copies regularly if I knew Japanese, though, because there are a lot of untranslated titles that I would love to have (such as the ones I mentioned before, or Nanatsuiro drops, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi, KimiKiss and some other titles that got anime adaptations; thanks to them, mostly to Fate/Stay Night, I came to know about visual novels c':)
      I didn't know about Romanesque being in the list! I saw that there was going to be a fan-translation, but they had a "cease & desit" (like Da capo III :c), and then I never heard anything more about it (but, well, I have a hard time trying to keep myself informed about news like that, because I don't really know how to search up to date info xD *google kinda hates him* so, it's understandable.) And yeah, visual novels with gameplay are amazing, I got really hooked on Kamidori just because I could lvl up and stuff x'D.

      Delete